In light of recent questions raised on the “Why Dialogue Earth” discussion board, a few changes have been made to the Project Overview that we would like to inform you about. Please note that changes are relatively minor and, therefore, should not affect the work of anyone who has understood and followed the brief as it was previously written. Rather, they are intended to aid those who are having trouble understanding the goals of this project.
The changes are as follow:
1) Background – The first line has been changed from: “Dialogue Earth is a nonprofit media start-up whose mission is to increase public understanding on topics of environmental importance.” To: “Dialogue Earth is a nonprofit whose mission is to increase public understanding of important topics related to the environment.”
2) Background – The following line was removed: “It was founded in 2009 as a collaboration between the University of Minnesota’s Institute on the Environment and Foundation for Environmental Research.”
3) Project Objective – The following has been added to the end of the first paragraph: “Dialogue Earth welcomes a range of creative approaches — from a straightforward description of their organization, to a story that illustrates the need for Dialogue Earth.”
4) An “About Dialogue Earth” Header has been added before, “We’re focused on solving an information problem.”
Although these changes should not greatly affect your finished piece, we are extending the deadline another five days to better accommodate anyone who is considering participating, or has already begun creating work for this project.
-Dialogue Earth and Team Tongal
- No documents for download.